Friday, April 28, 2006

How Modern American Women Think

A perfect example from today's "Dear Amy" column on how the modern American women thinks about relationships:
Dear Amy,

I have been with my husband for seven years, and we got married two years ago. We have two beautiful children.

We have a mutual friend whom I find very attractive. This friend and I have been talking to each other for about six months. We also see each other sometimes
(means she is having carnal relations with him on the side - Hammer). When we talk or see each other, I feel as if I'm in high school again-all giddy and whatnot.

I really don't know what to do. I love my husband, but I'm not in love with him and am starting to get a lot more feelings for this friend of ours. He is five years younger than I am, and I'm afraid of what our other friends and family might say.

CONFUSED IN DENVER

I'm not making this up. This is how shallow, inconsiderate, and downright evil American women are becoming today. Obviously, the only purpose of the relationship in her eyes is to make her feel "all giddy and whatnot". Nothing about loyalty, respect, admiration, motherhood, security, and caring for another individual. It's ALL about her and feeling "all giddy and whatnot". She isn't concerned about breaking her husband's heart and tearing apart her children's lives, but rather that "friends and family" could, oh my gosh, admonish her for doing something wrong.

Poor baby. Let's pamper you as you're obviously a helpless female caught up in male sexual oppression. Maybe Oprah can help you solve this dilemma? Now obviously, your husband is not giving you the tender love and understanding you are entitled to by birthright of vagina. Otherwise he'd make you feel "all giddy and whatnot". So dump that cold-blooded and inconsiderate man, and move on to the next one who can make you feel giddy inside again. Be sure to get a lawyer so your husband pays his fair share of alimony and child support payments. After all, it takes two to tango. Remember, it's all about YOUR happiness. Don't look back, sister.